Message from the Secretary
We are getting near to the end of the 2018/2019 season; I hope it has been an enjoyable and successful season so far for your team and Age group
2019 is the beginning of our 35th year, the club started in 1984 with just a couple of teams next season we will have over 38 teams and 380 children.
I have been associated with Pinewood in some capacity for over fifteen years, and as I look forward to the future I can see we have wonderful and enthusiastic group of coaches, volunteers and parents within the club.
These will enable the club to develop further and move forward, so making sure we are always playing with the right ethos allowing the children to continue to enjoy their football, and hopefully get the rewards they deserve.
As the club continually grows we will need to look to supplement our present facilities at Pinewood and St Sebastian’s, Hatch Ride and Edgebarrow Schools and Great Hollands .
With additional teams, more volunteers and coaches will be required. Please contact me if you would like to offer your services.
The club cannot exist without these people giving up their valuable free time and volunteering, this season we have over 100 volunteers a big thank you to you all
Dates for your Diary
- 35th Anniversary Summer Ball Saturday 29th June Coppid Beech Hotel
This is our main fundraising event and is always well attended by over 170 people. It will be great to see you there. Tickets are just £50 per person which includes a 3-course meal, half a bottle of wine and a live band/disco (more details to follow)
- Awards Day/Funday Sunday 23rd June
The event will be a celebration of the season and our 35th year with awards and speeches in the marquee Food and drink stalls, and will have many more fun things to do on the day (more details to follow)
- Parents v Coaches Match 19th May at Pinewood (more details to follow)
- We pledged support of FA Disability in Sport campaign
- Supported Berks & Bucks FA campaign 21 days of positivity
- Standalone Coaching and Safeguarding courses held in February, FA Level one courses to be held in the summer
- FA mentors attended our younger age groups training with very positive feedback
- Coaching Strategy and Age group Playbook is being developed by our Dan Nunn (U9s) to assist the coaches and to maintain the children’s development in the future
- Website has been developed by Neil Bridgeland (U9s) and the club shop is now open
- Sponsorship packages for individuals and companies are now available
- Easy Fundraising if you purchase on line goods, you can help the club secure funds .To date over £250 raised please support https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/pinewoodfc/
- U8s and U9s are touring the Isle of Wight in May
- Ash Bayes Goalkeeping School now in its 10th year
- Looking to develop Girls football next season
- Some of our younger children have been asked to train at Reading, Chelsea, Arsenal and Southampton academy’s this season Well done to all
Once again thank you for your continued support. Looking forward to next season already
We always welcome ideas and feedback. Please feel free to contact me on email – email@example.com or give